Your work will help Dunsky communicate our knowledge and expertise to select audiences, tell our story, build new business relationships (and deepen existing ones), and position the firm as a thought leader on transitioning to a low-carbon, clean energy future.
DUNSKY ENERGY CONSULTING is a mission-driven consulting firm focused on accelerating the transition to a clean, low-carbon energy future. We help our clients – primarily North American governments, utilities, private firms and non-profits – by assessing market-wide energy efficiency, renewable energy and clean mobility opportunities; by designing large-scale programs, policies and strategies to accelerate their adoption; and by evaluating (and improving) their performance. Our team – some 35 professionals and support staff (and growing) – are kind, collaborative, smart and care deeply about the future of this planet.
You are a well-organized marketing and business development strategist who enjoys developing relationships and producing B2G and B2B campaigns that reach focused audiences with an irresistible, targeted message. You enjoy helping experts share their technical knowledge and expertise through clear, accessible messaging. You want to focus your career on advancing solutions to humanity’s greatest challenges. And if you had to choose, you would rather the pace be a bit too fast than too slow. You share some or all of our team’s common traits (see above), and offer…
Required skills & experience:
- background in content marketing or related disciplines;
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience;
- experience developing and delivering B2B and B2G marketing strategies, ideally for an organization focused on expertise and thought leadership
- experience in a professional services or consulting environment;
- strong organizational, planning and coordination skills, and ability to prioritize;
- demonstrated ability to turn complex information into compelling content and messaging;
- demonstrated ability to nurture and develop relationships focused on technical work opportunities;
- demonstrated web-based communication skills;
- advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and other relevant media;
- attention to detail;
- strong English writing skills, including copy writing a/o editing;
- ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of different people and to work well in teams;
- demonstrated interest in and understanding of Dunsky’s mission.
- ability to work in French;
- strong French writing skills;
- knowledge of energy efficiency, renewable energy or clean mobility.
At Dunsky, the Marketing & Business Development Manager will work with the Executive team and the Communications Coordinator to:
- Manage The Firm’s Editorial Calendar: Consistently generate compelling content based on the technical team’s groundbreaking clean energy work, and positions the team’s thought leadership. Doing so will involve identifying new stories emerging from project work and the wider industry; scheduling content generation and production at a pace that meets the firm’s objectives for the frequency and quality of content it publishes; and ensuring distribution through appropriate and impactful channels.
Why? You will be the essential conduit between the team’s 30+ professionals and our intended audiences, responsible for quickly transforming the knowledge and analysis they generate—through their day-to-day work and their broader professional interactions—into layers of content to drive ever-wider, deeper audience engagement. Your work will help Dunsky build new relationships and deepen existing ones, while positioning the firm as a thought leader on the biggest opportunities to transition to a low-carbon, clean energy future.
- Generate Engaging Content: Manage and/or produce text and video content in English and French as a cornerstone of the firm’s marketing efforts, including mid-funnel thought leadership content (e-books, white papers), social media content (LinkedIn articles and similar elsewhere), and external publications. This will be done in collaboration with our Communications Coordinator who has strong graphic design and technical knowledge of our website and other communication platforms.
Why? The ladder of engagement you build and maintain will be critical in getting our story out and attracting the kind of people – whether clients, collaborators or teammates – we want to work with and support.
- Proactively Develop Business Opportunities: Develop new opportunities, alone or in partnership with others, that require a proactive approach. This will likely involve nurturing the relationships, building projects and partnerships, developing outreach strategies, pulling in the team’s technical resources and preparing proposals.
Why? We’re like Mini-Wheats: our classic, hearty side regularly responds to RFPs to support client needs, but our frosted (mission-driven) side likes to innovate and proactively find new ways to accelerate the clean energy transition. We need your business development capabilities (and time) to take our ideas for innovative new services and turn them into reality.
- Manage Event Marketing Activities: Initiate or coordinate high-value event opportunities, including invitations to present, co-marketed events, and other business development opportunities with clients and partners.
Why? Dunsky has a compelling, rapidly-evolving story to tell, and when we tell it at live and virtual events, audiences respond. You’ll be at the heart of the firm’s effort to shift and expand its event marketing as the pandemic transforms what it means to host, speak or network at an event.
- Engage in work that aligns with your values: As a mission-driven firm and a registered “B Corp”, our work is driven by our commitment to our people and our planet.
- Shape and implement the marketing strategy of a growing organization: You will work closely with the management team and the business development committee to define and execute our market positioning strategies.
- Work within a dynamic and welcoming team: We place a great deal of importance on offering our team the chance to grow and lead fulfilling lives both at work, and at home. We believe that how we work together is as important as the work we do.
- Learn about and accelerate the clean energy transition: You will work in close collaboration with senior-level staff in developing and implementing Dunsky’s proposals and other materials. This team is at the heart of nation-wide efforts toward a low-carbon, clean energy future.
We offer competitive salaries and a range of employee benefits including flexible hours, summer schedules, an annual bonus, group health and dental insurance, contributions to a retirement savings plan, discounts on public transit and bikeshare, and more.
We are also committed to offer our team professional development and learning opportunities, and we do our best to offer our staff diverse and challenging projects.
LOCATION & WORK SCHEDULE
The ideal candidate will work from our Montreal or Toronto offices (if/when COVID-19 permits). We are open to considering remote candidates if there is a compelling case.
This position may be full-time or part-time, depending on your interests and skills (as well as the skills of the candidate we will retain for the Communications position currently available). We will determine this jointly with you if you are the selected candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to click on the Apply button below and attach their C.V., cover letter and content samples. Your samples should demonstrate your written communication skills. In your cover letter, give us a sense of who you are by being honest and creative, and educate us on what you can do for our firm. In the Notes section of your application form, please indicate your preferred work schedule (full or part-time), and provide an indication of your salary expectations (past salary and/or future expectations) and a possible start date.
Applications will be considered until the position has been filled.