DUNSKY is a mission-driven consulting firm focused on accelerating the transition to a clean energy future. We help our clients – primarily North American governments, utilities, private firms and non-profits – by assessing market-wide energy efficiency, renewable energy and clean mobility opportunities; by designing programs, policies and strategies to accelerate their adoption; and by evaluating (and improving) their performance.
You are analytical, rigorous, collaborative and enthusiastic about clean energy technologies. More specifically, you offer:
Required skills & experience:
- training and/or knowledge of building energy systems with emphasis on commercial HVAC, controls, lighting and building envelope technologies.
- technical knowledge of building energy efficiency strategies, with the ability to:
- assess energy savings opportunities of equipment and technologies from equipment standards or specifications
- assess applicability of energy savings opportunities in buildings based on existing equipment, building type and size, and other building characteristics
- research technology costs for various equipment sizes and performance levels
- interpret energy code requirements
- strong data management practices with proficiency in Microsoft Excel for conducting analysis and problem solving
- ability to prioritize effectively and work on multiple tasks/projects within established timelines and budgets
- ability to work in a team and strong interpersonal skills
- demonstrated interest in the clean energy transition
Preferred skills and experience:
- experience conducting building audits, recommissioning or overseeing equipment replacements
- ability to work with and apply scripted analytics tools (e.g. VBA, Python, R) for modelling and data management
- understanding of the issues and complexities of the clean energy transition.
The Technologist position is a new role at Dunsky, which was created to bring additional building and clean energy technical knowledge to our team. The Technologist will play an important role in supporting our work in quantifying energy efficiency opportunities and designing clean energy strategies. His/her tasks may include:
- assessing and characterizing energy efficiency technologies with a specific focus on commercial and industrial buildings
- contributing to quantitative analysis and the interpretation of findings
- conducting secondary research to support the assessment of energy saving technologies
- documenting sources and methodologies to support analysis, technical reports, research studies, and proposals
- occasionally performing site visits to gather data on energy efficiency measures and to assess equipment upgrade and recommissioning opportunities
- supporting the development and improvement of analytical models, tools and databases to assess energy saving opportunities
The successful candidate will contribute to impactful projects for clients across Canada and the U.S. and advise key decision-makers and influencers on sustainable energy strategies.
Join a firm that aligns with your values: As a mission-driven firm and a registered B Corp, our approach is driven by a deep respect for both our team and the planet.
Be part of the clean energy transition: We work diligently at accelerating the transition to market adoption of clean energy solutions. Our team makes it a priority to be at the leading edge of change, and is not shy to look outside the box and bring innovative solutions forward.
Work within a dynamic and welcoming team: We place a great deal of importance on offering our team the chance to grow and lead fulfilling lives both at work, and at home. We believe that how we work together is as important as the work we do.
We offer competitive salaries and a range of employee benefits including flexible hours, summer schedules, annual bonuses, group health and dental insurance, retirement savings plan contribution, discounts on public transit and bikeshare, and more.
We are also committed to offer our team professional development and learning opportunities, and we do our best to offer our staff experience in a diversity of projects that may interest them.
The candidate will be based at our Toronto office.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to click on the Apply button below and attach their C.V., cover letter to the application form. In your cover letter, give us a sense of who you are by being honest and creative. In the Notes section of your application form, please provide an indication of your salary expectations (past salary and/or future expectations) and a possible start date. Applications will be considered until May 22, 2020.
Notes: Dunsky values diversity among its team members, and is an organization where difference is appreciated and respected. Applications and expressions of interest are considered strictly confidential unless candidates say otherwise.